Friday, March 12, 2010

Blog #10: Brainstorming Continued

When I was referring to The Dream Life of Letters I was referring to the flash visuals. More specifically, how the letters and words entered and exited the screen. Also, how the piece is not interactive but completely visual. The reader needs to watch and experience as opposed to clicking haphazardly though a piece of literature. I guess I am also referring to Faith but not in the sense where the random words begin to create a larger meaning. There will be text but it will only serve a greater purpose to the overall theme... summer. Therefore, the text, the music, and visuals will come together to emphasis the concepts and elements of the summertime. The text will include lyrics that either complement or directly match the song playing, as well as include lines of poetry and words associated with the theme.

I don't really have a clue on the layout or mapping of the piece but I will be using Windows Movie Maker because I am quite familiar with the program having used it before. I need to start gathering the songs and literature to gain a better idea of how I am going to execute the project. I do want it to tell a story in a sense. Maybe highlighting the anticipation of summer to the sadness of it being over... considering this is something I emotionally experience every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment